The basic metal detector consists of:
- Transmitter and Receiver Coil
- Sensor Cables
- Control Unit / Signal Processor
Briefly, the Transmit and Receive Coils are wire windings encased in High Density Polyethylene. Electrical current pulses are sent to the Transmit coil, via the Sensor Cables, which creates an electromagnetic field. This field is sampled by the Receiver coil. The sampled singal is sent to the Control Unit / Signal Processor which analyses the voltage recovery curve. A change in voltage recovery indicates metal present in the electromagnetic field.
Sensitivity is determined by the adjustment of the electronics and is constrained by the width of the search coil, the height of the product and the type and size of the metal being detected.
Features & Benefits
- Protects all types of machinery
- Detects all types of metals
- Easy to fit to belt and vibratory conveyors
- Signal monitoring and self-checking facility
- A range of optional extras including audible and visual alarms
- A range of control unit models and a wide selection of search coils mean a solution to almost any metal detection problem
- Custom made sensor coils to suit individual conveyor systems and optimise sensitivity